I’m finally getting around to this!
Back in mid-November The Belmont Rooster e-mailed me to ask if I would accept The Versatile Blogger award if he nominated me. I was so excited that I did a search about what this actually means (still being very new to the blogging world I didn’t even know there were awards!), and read about all these rules that had to be followed if you got nominated. I immediately e-mailed him back with a big “yes” and began writing 7 things about myself (as the rules said to do). He kindly wrote back and explained to me that you follow the rules in a post on your blog and that he hadn’t even officially nominated me yet. I’m still a bit of an enthusiastic puppy when it comes to any positive feedback/likes/comments on my blog!
So, now that I’m officially accepting the award (not just via e-mail!), I’ll follow the rules.
Firstly, a big thankyou to The Belmont Rooster for nominating me! As you know, I was very excited! The next job is to nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the award. My nominations (in no particular order) are:
Nominees, don’t feel you need to do anything about this nomination. You can just treat it as a virtual thumbs up/high five/smile. If you do want to accept the award though, the instructions on what to do are here: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/.
The next rule is that I have to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I bought our first Christmas tree in mid November and put it up straight away, along with the 6 decorations we’ve collected over the past couple of years. So much for waiting until December!
2. I live in a beautiful old Victorian house in Melbourne and never want to leave!
3. I live next door to my cousins (awesome neighbours!).
4. I do 12.5 hour shifts at work, so I have 3-4 days off every week. Love it!
5. I have a science degree and a masters of nursing practice and am busily deciding what to study next (to fill in my days off with some brain stimulation).
6. My partner and I are planning to adopt a puppy next year (who will no doubt destroy our beloved garden but we’ll still love them unconditionally).
7. I hate running but have just started up again. I plan to run twice a week in addition to my pilates. I’m on track after one and a half weeks (3 whole runs!). I’m hoping if I keep it up I’ll eventually decide I like it – wish me luck!
Ok, so that’s all the tasks complete. Now I get to put a pretty logo on my blog! If you accept this award and want to display it, just search for The Versatile Blogger in google images, choose a logo you like and copy the URL. Then go to widgets and paste the URL where it asks for it.
Happy blogging 🙂